Discover more from Daily Digest
Alameda All Hand's Leaked Audio: Ellison Admits Using FTX Customer Funds
Uniswap Android Launch, Doge's Drama, and SEC's Dance with Grayscale
Welcome to another edition of Coinfeeds Daily Digest. SBF’s trial keeps on giving us more absurd things, latest of which being a leaked audio from Alameda’s all hands. You can checkout the entire audio, or just skim through the summary or transcript we have for you here - https://www.coinfeeds.io/alameda-all-hands-meeting-where-caroline-ellison-admitted-the-crypto-firm-took-ftx-customer-money
Before we dive into today's crypto rollercoaster, don't forget to catch live updates on all things blockchain and beyond at our Trending News page — it's the crypto oracle you didn't know you needed! 🌐🔮
SBF Trial Updates
1. Cohen's cross-examination of Ellison: a swing and a miss? ⚾️ SBF's lead attorney, Mark Cohen, appeared to fail in proving that Caroline Ellison, the former Alameda Research CEO, was more responsible for FTX's collapse than his client.
2. Did Cohen dent Ellison's credibility? Maybe a smidge... but she's still standing tall. 🗼He slightly dented Ellison's credibility by highlighting her inconsistent statements regarding Bankman-Fried's awareness of their alleged wrongdoings. However, the overall cross-examination seemed to lack focus and direction.
3. Secret tapes drop! 📼 It's like Watergate, but with more crypto. A secret tape where Ellison disclosed to her Alameda team that the company had utilized FTX as its private financial resource.
4. Judge Kaplan to lawyers: "Can we speed this up, please?" He criticized both the defense and prosecution for wasting time on irrelevant details, emphasizing that it was evident Bankman-Fried was the primary decision-maker.
5. Up next: BlockFi's CEO spills the beans about FTX's oopsie-daisy on his company. He is set to testify about FTX's impact on his company's bankruptcy, shedding light on the implications of FTX's actions on other businesses in the crypto sector.
The Ball Brothers Level Up
From shooting hoops to shooting... in NFT games? LaMelo, Lonzo, and wait... their dad? Are all set to become the next NFT superstars in 'StrayShot'. Ball is life, and apparently, life is now also blockchain. The game, which uses the SKALE blockchain, will feature the Ball brothers and their family as playable NFT characters.
Dogecoin Drama Alert
Billy Markus is throwing some shade at the DOGE community. Doge is not amused. 🐕 He criticized the DOGE community for its lack of productivity and the toxicity towards the Dogecoin Foundation. He questioned the community's purpose and notes the difficulties in developing Dogecoin due to the lack of funding and support.
SEC & Grayscale's Tango
SEC might be playing hard to get with Grayscale's Bitcoin ETF proposal. Classic move, SEC. The SEC may not appeal the court decision in favor of Grayscale Investments, which would require the regulator to review the fund manager's application for a spot Bitcoin (BTC) fund. While an appeal is unlikely, the SEC could still find ways to delay the approval of Grayscale's spot Bitcoin ETF conversion. Various scenarios, such as sending the application back for review or requiring a new filing, could potentially prolong the decision-making process.
Tattoos & Royalties
Want a tattoo? Get one that's an NFT and let your tattoo artist earn some royalties. Artistry meets blockchain! A new tattoo machine called Blackdot allows artists to ink tattoos that are stored on the blockchain as NFTs, enabling them to collect royalties when their designs are used. The machine, supported by NFT pioneer Tyler Hobbs, offers precise and detailed designs that cannot be achieved by hand.
Mastercard & Digital Aussie Bucks
Mastercard and the Reserve Bank of Australia have been playing around with some digital dollar prototypes. No physical coins were harmed in the making. The pilot tested how authorized parties could hold, use, and redeem CBDCs, as well as how a holder could purchase an Ethereum-based NFT by locking the pilot CBDC and minting an equivalent amount of Ethereum-based wrapped coins.
GMX just got a cool $10 million from Arbitrum's incentive program. Someone's definitely buying the next round of virtual drinks. A total of 29 projects participated in the program, with GMX receiving 12 million ARB tokens worth over $10 million. The tokens will be used to provide increased rewards for users of the protocol.
Terraform vs. Citadel
Terraform Labs is throwing some serious accusations at Citadel Securities. It's like a crypto soap opera, and we're here for it. They accused Citadel Securities of intentionally causing the collapse of its stablecoin in 2022. Terraform Labs has filed a motion in court to compel Citadel Securities to produce documents related to its trading actions during that time.
Tweets of the day
USDM on Curve: Because why let Tether have all the fun!
Uniswap's answer to 'WEN ANDROID?' - How about yesterday? 🎤 Drop! Swipe right into our beta, Android peeps!
There you have it, folks! Your daily dose of crypto! Remember, in the world of crypto, the only constant is change—and memes, always memes.
Peace out ✌️,